+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking at having pool built

Default Looking at having pool built

I am looking at planning to have a pool put in this time next year as well as yard patio and such. I have the company coming over to design my back yard and they emailed me with some links to optional equipment for me to look at. I will be hiring someone to service the pool once constructed. The items i am wondering if its worth the extra money are

PV3 In-Floor Cleaning System
    Clear O3 Water Purifying System
    Trident UV Water Sanitizer
    Therapeutic JetPaks

I looked for reviews of these items but can not find any online. I would like real life feedback good or bad on these items and if you would or have these installed.

Thanks for your reply.

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

Default Re: Looking at having pool constructed- new member

You won't find much love for this list here. I havent even tried to look up these products so be aware my comments are general in nature.

In Floor cleaning systems usually don't work for long - they're susceptible to stuff in the pool water and are notoriously hard (expensive) to repair. They also cause high backpressure which costs in electricity. My advice, spend the money on a (a few) good robotic cleaners instead.

Ozone is extremely dangerous - if it really makes much. Probably just wastes electricity. Chlorine, filtration, and sunlight clean pools best.

UV can be useful in indoor pools as it's necessary to break down some chlorine products. Outdoors, nature provides UV in abundance, adding more just wastes chlorine and electricity.

JetPaks, dunno. I like jetted tubs, maybe you do too.

Please read all you can at pollsolutions.com and here (after you log out of your trial user account) to learn how we take care of or pools.

Congratulations on your new pool - good luck with the construction.
    12'x24' oval 7.7K gal AG vinyl pool; ; Hayward S270T sand filter; Hayward EcoStar SP3400VSP pump; hrs; K-2006; PF:16

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

+ Reply to Thread