+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Considering an Endless or BaduJet type pool

Default Considering an Endless or BaduJet type pool

We are looking to build a pool in our house and I am considering the installation of a swimming against the current system. Sadly online searches take me mostly to marketing or negative advertising from the different companies. I was hopping to find some objective and independent information in poolforum. Endless pool systems seem to pop out everywhere and one of the proposal that we got was for jets (badu).

Thanks!

Default Re: Swimming against the current..

Hi,
    When should I expect to have access to the forum?
    Thanks

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Unfortunately, the sort of comparative info you're looking for isn't available here . . . or anywhere else that I know of. We've had questions about such pools (mostly, Endless Pools), and I know that some people have succeeded in using them as intended. But from what I've seen, most people end up regretting the purchase.

I would *highly* recommend that you beg/borrow/steal access to a pool like you are considering and actually TRY it, before you buy it.

But I would further recommend that you not purchase such a system, unless you are already and experienced lap swimmer. Swimming for exercise sounds good a lot of people, but many find it's really not for them. I say that as someone who was a lap swimmer for 8 years or so while I had access to a nearby 20 meter pool, and who has two sons who are former competitive swimmers and current Master's swimmers. Personally, if we could afford it, my wife and I would LOVE to have a 20 x 65+ pool that was heated and had a seasonal cover. And we're sure we'd actually use it. But we've seen far more people start swimming laps, and then quit, then we have seen them continue.

Good luck!

CarlD is offline SuperMod Emeritus Vortex Adjuster CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars CarlD 4 stars

I've tried the endless pools and it's NOTHING like lap swimming. You have no way of measuring your progress, of figuring out how long you've been swimming, or how far. For a type A like me, I'm always aware of how many laps I've swum, and how that translates into distance, and even how long it's taken.

Personally, I'd never have one.
    Carl

+ Reply to Thread