+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I am a new pool owner with brown moss floating

Default I am a new pool owner with brown moss floating

I have a Summer Escapes 15' x 42" Metal-Frame Swimming Pool in west texas. I have never had a pool like this and am confused on the system of keeping it clean. Shocked and treated it right away, now have brown mossy looking floating patches after sweeping last night. Help

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: I am a new pool owner with brown moss floating

It sounds like floating patches of dead algae -- did you have a LOT of algae?

Regardless, it's turning out that with smaller pools, it's often easiest simply to drain, refill, and start off with the SS (Super Simple) recipe. That's not a long term plan -- though it can be used that way, if you drain your pool annually. But it gives you a step by step guide, that you don't have to understand yet. And, if all goes well, by the time you're ready to come off the recipe, you'll pretty much know what you are doing.

There's a link to the SS recipe in my blue signature block. You should read the page -- even if you don't follow the recipe, there's a lot of information that will apply directly to your situation.

+ Reply to Thread