+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How much do i use??????????

Angry How much do i use??????????

I have cloudy water. It was green and i added bleach, now its just cloudy. do i use borax and/or baking soda to resolve this issue? I have a 16'x48" metal frame abouve ground pool.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: How much do i use??????????

Borax and baking soda will NOT clear a cloudy pool.

Intex and other small AG pools have filters that do not perform well at removing dead algae. Cloudiness from un-filtered dead algae is common problem in such pools. Replacing the low-quality OEM cartridges with higher quality Filbur or Unicel cartridges seems to help, and the high quality cartridges certainly last longer (all summer vs 2 weeks!). Using the polyquat algaecide also helps, not because it's an algaecide, but because it's an effective 'clarifier' or filter aid. Additional info, and Amazon links to the correct items, for both cartridges and polyquat is available on the SS recipe page.

One other option: you can raise the chlorine very high (DARK yellow with an OTO drops kit), and then turn the pump off for 24 hours. Sometimes, the dead algae will settle rapidly. But, you have to have vacuum capability to take advantage of this -- again, info and links to cleaning equipment are on the SS recipe page.

Default Re: How much do i use??????????

Thank You, I will do this..

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

+ Reply to Thread