+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Pool Filling With Well Water. Did I Make A Mistake?

Default New Pool Filling With Well Water. Did I Make A Mistake?

So I'm filling up my 15' X 42" Intex pool with water from my well and realized I have no idea about water treatment. I didn't plan this out, thought maybe just fill it up and drain it a few times would be okay but after reading online, I don't think it will be safe for my 4 kids. I don't have time to research and don't want to keep testing and adding chemicals. What's the best way to keep my water clean and clear?

-Nick

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: New Pool Filling With Well Water. Did I Make A Mistake?

Well water is often, but not necessarily, a problem. If you have a well in limestone, your water may be ideal for pools. But if you have a well in iron or manganese bearing rock, it may be mess. You may want to do a metals bucket test, before going too much further, so we can get a handle on whether your well water is 'easy' or 'hard' for pools.
    Bucket-test-for-metals

Otherwise, you may just want to use the 'Super Simple' recipe, here:
    Super-simple-pool-chemistry-recipe-for-Intex-type-pools-start-up-&-routine-care

Good luck!

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: New Pool Filling With Well Water. Did I Make A Mistake?

Quote Originally Posted by nick.bauer View Post
    I don't want to keep testing and adding chemicals. What's the best way to keep my water clean and clear?

-Nick
    Nick, there is no way around it. To keep your pool safe for your family, you will have to test your water and add chlorine regularly. Otherwise, your pool will not be properly sanitized and your kids will be at risk of getting sick. Pools are not difficult to maintain but they are also not self-sustaining. It only takes about 5 minutes per evening, however, to test and add what you need to.

Welcome to the Pool Forum.

+ Reply to Thread