+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Inground Cinder block pool with fiberglass seal?

Default Inground Cinder block pool with fiberglass seal?

I got various quote for types of pool, but this one got me interested. I found a contractor who only does 1 pool at a time.

16x34 3ft-6ft deep inground Cinder block wall, poured concrete sealed with fiberglass when finished. It comes with 4 ft. of concrete around the pool w/ about 1 to 2 ft of flagstone rock for natural look. It also comes with sand filter and its a chlorine pool.
    -The price is 35k?! I thought cinderblock should be cheaper?
    -The kicker......finished and ready to swim in 7-10 days?!
    -concerns are is it over priced?
    -Is it durable or should I just go with a vinyl pool kit for 8k less?
    -what are future repairs or replace? Not sure due to its hybrid type?
    -I also would like it to be a saltwater. Will it be ok since it's fiberglass sealed or no because of the cinder block concrete?
    Any advise, suggestions, or experience will be appreciated. Feel free to tell me No don't do it!

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Inground Cinder block pool with fiberglass seal?

I've never heard of that sort of construction, but I can tell you that fiberglass repairs techniques used on existing concrete pools are very variable in results and owner satisfaction. As best I can tell, the main difference is contractor skill and integrity.

So . . . I suspect the best answers to your questions are going to be found by checking out pools your guy built 5 - 10 years ago.

Good luck!

vinper is offline Subscriber Thread Analyst vinper 0

fiberglass is very old school ... polyurea spray on coating

========================================

35k It would be guniite and peeble tek
    Last edited by PoolDoc; 07-23-2013 at 06:08 PM.

Default Re: Inground Cinder block pool with fiberglass seal?

It does seem old school and pricey. What would the maintenance be on the fiberglass liner? Would it be more expensive than a liner replacement? Out of the two construction steel/vinyl or cinder block/fiberglass which one would you go with?

+ Reply to Thread