+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone familiar with the Simple Salt setup by Simple Blue

Default Anyone familiar with the Simple Salt setup by Simple Blue

Im a new pool owner and the pool came with a Simple Salt system by Simple Blue with a Black Diamond Hydromatic 120 cartridge filter. I cannot find any info on this setup and the instructions are very vague to say the least. I wanted a salt system but the company said it would void the warranty.

I have had my water tested by the company that I purchased from and they said everything is good with the water. I have been having to clean the filter every week because it gets so much build up on it. The build up is a fairly thick paste and it looks like and aqua blue color or a tarnished copper color. This is a copper cell system and is set on the lowest setting. My copper levels is showing that its still low but when I turn it up the pool ladder starts turning the aqua color. The water is clear but has that tarnished copper look to it.

Any suggestions ? Thanks

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Anyone familiar with the Simple Salt setup by Simple Blue

Are you aware that it is copper (not chlorine like most people think) that stains things and turns blonde hair green? You do NOT want copper in your pool!

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

At this point Im not sure what to do. Like I said Im new to the pool world. I originally wanted a salt system and was informed of a warranty issue if I was to do a salt setup.

With that being said , I was at the mercy of the dealer to guide me in the right direction. Now to figure out what I need to do to rid myself of this system. Whats the best low maintenance way to go ? Salt or Chlorine ? Even though manufacturers warranty doesnt support salt, at this point Im open for the best route to go. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

Salt is chlorine. Salt systems manufacture chlorine in your pool water directly.

My opinion is this: The method of poolcare taught here is the safest, most efficient and effective you will find. Once you learn your pool's needs and how to meet them, this method takes only a few minutes a day plus occasional brushing / vacuuming (you'd need that any way). A salt system or any other system still requires daily monitoring - anything less and you'll spend a lot of time correcting big problems instead of a little time adjusting for measured needs of the pool.
    12'x24' oval 7.7K gal AG vinyl pool; ; Hayward S270T sand filter; Hayward EcoStar SP3400VSP pump; hrs; K-2006; PF:16

+ Reply to Thread