Wow, that will be quite an investment. I don't know if my iron issues are that severe to justify the cost currently. Do they have that in any smaller amounts?

My fiberglass steps seem to be the only thing being effected currently. They are orange/brown. I have 1.75 lbs of natural chem stain free, I know its only Citric acid, and could get a better price elsewhere, but I was in a rush and decided to buy it at the local Pool "Steal" while I was there getting some misc fittings and parts. I am going to by a culator 4ppm but haven't clicked the purchase button just yet.

I have a party tomorrow and was going to try to minimize the ugly brown steps and make it look half decent so that people aren't afraid to swim or have everyone ask me the same ???'s about it. I was hoping to just get it managed and then address it permanently afterwards. I know there are a lot of different options that people have used so like I said in the beginning, I'm just trying to do my homework before I go to far in the wrong direction.

I successfully used HTH metal control to reduce/remove the staining (aka put it back into solution) but now its back again. I assume due to high chlorine from shocking recently. So I'm assuming that I can replicate that with the stain free. Am I wandering down the wrong path with this one or can this be an ok start/temp fix?