+ Reply to Thread

Thread: taking charge of my pool

Default taking charge of my pool

I am in the process of taking over the upkeep and basic maintenance of my pool as the cost of having a outside pool company is becoming very expensive for doing things I am able to do .

I hope this forum will help in the event I get stuck or need info on how to do it myself Thanks

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: taking charge of my pool

Sorry you didn't get a reply. We got pretty stacked up with new registrations but are hopefully finally getting caught up!

Do a lot of reading here on the forum, especially the stickied threads at the top of each section. Also, read on our sister website www.poolsolutions.com. Lots of good information there as well.

Hope you enjoy the forum and welcome! We are glad you found us!

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: taking charge of my pool

[ Membership upgraded]

Two things nearly everybody needs to do:

1. Read the Best Guess page, linked in my signature.

2. Get a test kit (the K2006) that will allow you to test the CYA level, and manage appropriate chlorine levels (see #1)

3. If you fill with well water, you'll also need to look at other testing issues.

+ Reply to Thread