+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Are pebble finishes more susceptible to yellow algae?

Default Are pebble finishes more susceptible to yellow algae?

Are pebble finishes more susceptible to yellow algae?

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Are pebble finishes more susceptible to yellow algae?

I have no idea but maybe someone will.

Sorry you haven't gotten a reply sooner. We have had so many new members register in the past few weeks that we got behind on getting them all processed. Hopefully we are about caught up and someone will have the answer to your question.

Welcome to the Pool Forum, by the way!

I'm not sure. I can report back if I start to notice anything yellowing.

I have the StoneScapes MiniPebbles in Midnight Blue with the Touch of Glass + Mother of Pearl shells.

Haven't noticed any discolor yet but again it has only had water for a week.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

In general, the rougher and more porous the finish, the more algae is a problem. From least to most:

epoxy paint => fiberglass => vinyl => rubber paint => new plaster => old plaster => old rough plaster, blistered paint, etc.

How susceptible the brand name concrete finishes are is mostly a function of how rough and how porous they are. A very, very important point to consider: with almost all concrete finishes, the roughness and porousness usually is affected more by the contractor's craftsmanship, than by the particular brand of the finish!

+ Reply to Thread