+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SS Recipe and a smaller pool (Intex 10 X 30 easy set)

Default SS Recipe and a smaller pool (Intex 10 X 30 easy set)

Hi everyone~
    We bought an Intex 10 X 30 easy set pool a few days ago that came with a 530 pump. The manual says it holds 1018 gallons.

I was planning to use the "SS Recipe" to get started and noticed it is for 12 foot and larger Intex pools. Can you tell me what adjustments I need to make for a smaller pool? I was going to just cut the dose in half - but thought I would check first.

We actually wanted a 12 X 30, but the store was out...

Thanks much,
    Jenny

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: SS Recipe and a smaller pool (Intex 10 X 30 easy set)

Instead of a half dose, maybe do a 3/4 dose. It is not a precise dose per volume recipe anyways so I think you'll be fine.

Welcome to the Pool Forum!

Unhappy Re: SS Recipe and a smaller pool (Intex 10 X 30 easy set)

Thank you!

A few more questions about the SS recipe:

7 Day Plan #4 - Obviously our pool will not take 8 hours to fill. So I am assuming I skip adding a dose of bleach every 8 hours and when it is filled, just put in 4 doses. So by the evening of Day 1 - I will have added 6 doses of bleach total and then move on to step 5.

Do I do #5 (checking pH and adding borax if needed) of the 7 day plan for a week? In other words before moving on to the Intex Pool Care Plan - am I taking a week to get the water balanced and only adding 4 doses of bleach each evening?

Or since the pool will be full, do I move on to #3 of the Intex Pool Care Plan and start using dichlor and borax in equal amounts? And at this point, if I am understanding it right - I don't add 4 doses of bleach ever again unless there are signs of algae...

And just to be sure I am understanding things correctly in #5 - the only time I would NOT add dichlor and borax in equal amounts would be when I need to make pH adjustments. BUT if the Chlorine is low #5 recommends adding 1/2 of dichlor - do I also need to add 1/2 dose of borax then too?

When is it ok to let my kids start to swim? How much time time do they need to wait after adding things? Especially since it says to add 1/2 dose of dichlor and borax before people swim.

If I am planning to run my filter in the evenings/over night- how long should I wait before starting it after adding things? Or does that even matter?

I am sorry for all the questions - I think I am making this much harder than it is

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Thanks for the questions. I have edited the SS plan somewhat. "SS Plan for Intex-type pools"

+ The 4x doses are ONLY while you are filling.
    + You should check the pH regularly, especially during the first week of use.
    + You are correct that you should always add borax when you add dichlor UNLESS your pH is too high.
    + You do NOT have to add borax when you add bleach.
    + Your kids can begin swimming as soon as your pool is 3/4 or more full; early on, when the chlorine is high, have them wear old swimsuits. Skin is VERY chlorine resistant, but some swimsuits are not.

Thank you so much! Have all ingredients and test kit - filling now!

Quote Originally Posted by PoolDoc View Post
    + The 4x doses are ONLY while you are filling.
    + You should check the pH regularly, especially during the first week of use.
    + You are correct that you should always add borax when you add dichlor UNLESS your pH is too high.
    + You do NOT have to add borax when you add bleach.
    + Your kids can begin swimming as soon as your pool is 3/4 or more full; early on, when the chlorine is high, have them wear old swimsuits. Skin is VERY chlorine resistant, but some swimsuits are not.

+ Reply to Thread