+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Esther Williams beaded pool liners

ezpoollinerdirect Guest

Default Esther Williams beaded pool liners

Please check out EZPoolLinerDirect.com for custom built liners including hard to find Esther Williams pools

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Esther Williams beaded pool liners

This company waltzed in here, and violated the most central of all our requirements for users in their very first post. Suit yourself, but I'd recommend being slow to trust a company that behaves this way!

I checked their website, and they've gone to great lengths to hide their location. That often means that a company is operating out of an office in someone's bedroom, and shipping stock from whoever they can find to sell to them.

Here's the contact info they provide:
    EZ Pool Liner Direct
    Email sales@ezpoollinerdirect.com
    Toll Free: 888-503-3263

And, that's it. No address. No regular land liner. No name. No BBB file. Hidden web domain registration.

They have a very nice website, but are as anonymous as you could possible be, and still sell on the Internet.

If you want to buy from someone who is EXTREMELY careful to make sure you can't find out who they are, or track them down if there's a problem . . . be my guest!

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Amusingly, they wrote me an anonymous email, with this:

Dear sir/madam

Your research should include the following:

EZPoolLinerDirect.com has operated for years;
    Their reputation is extremely high;
    The quality of products is very high;
    Perhaps you should phone them;
    Maybe you could contact the subscribers to your "website" to see what they think;
    Esther Williams IS a hard to find bead type - you probably didn't know that
    You required a post in order to "register" - what are your suggestions for a first post?
    Perhaps a first post slam is a little quick off the mark

Thanks and regards,
    Sales@EZPoolLinerDirect.com
    Four things to note:
    1. Still totally anonymous.

2. Mr. Anonymous is cheesed off about getting banned when they broke the absolute 'no sales' rule everyone is warned about. They think I should apply some sort of 'fairness' rule to them, but that they are exempt from the rules that govern their opportunity to participate here.

3. Mr. Anonymous writes,
    EZPoolLinerDirect.com has operated for years;
    Yep. That's true. About FOUR years! That makes them, well, a business toddler, still in diapers. Here's their anonymous domain record:
    Registered through: GoDaddy.com, LLC (http://www.godaddy.com)
    Domain Name: EZPOOLLINERDIRECT.COM
    Created on: 18-Mar-09
    Expires on: 18-Mar-14
    Last Updated on: 02-Apr-12

Registrant:
    Domains By Proxy, LLC
    DomainsByProxy.com
    14747 N Northsight Blvd Suite 111, PMB 309
    Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
    United States
    Note the 18Mar09 domain creation date . . . and the fact that they are trying to hide who they are. Yep. Upstanding business citizens, they are.

4. Mr. Anonymous writes,
    Their reputation is extremely high;
    But, so far as I can tell, they have NO reputation whatsoever. Here's a Google search link for the company name:
    "EZ Pool Liner Direct"
    and one for the domain name
    "ezpoollinerdirect.com"

If you check those links, you'll see Google has never heard of the company, only the website. And, if you check the second link, you'll see that virtually the only people who've heard of the website are various OTHER websites that report on domain names and Internet traffic.

Typical pool industry sales hacks, in my opinion. But, if you feel comfortable ordering a liner that costs $100's or $1,000's from an anonymous website with no address, no local phone, and no names . . . but a nice website . . . be my guest!

But, they do have a nice website, with some nice information. I'll have to ask Waste to check and see if it's accurate.
    Last edited by PoolDoc; 06-27-2013 at 02:17 PM.

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

I agree that a company that won't give their physical address 'sets off alarm bells' !

I checked out their site and the info they give is ~ OK. (I doubt that a 5 HP shop-vac would be enough to set even a 16 X 32 pool and their recommendation to have 200 ppm calcium in a liner pool is BS)

It's a nice primer on how to drop and maintain a liner pool but I'd advise anyone DIY to check here first!

As you well know, every pool is unique - writing a 'definitive and fully complete' "How To" set of instructions is ~ impossible! (I've tried )
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

Thanks, Ted.

+ Reply to Thread