+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Skimmer doesn't work right on Intex pool

Default Skimmer doesn't work right on Intex pool

Hi all,

I'm new here & only had one question. I have a 15' x 42" Intex metal frame pool. I am at the moment using the pump that came with it. The 1000 gph pump & paper filter all in one. I get plenty of water flow with it so far. I also have the Intex Krystal Clear Saltwater System on it. I have not had any low flow errors on the unit, so the pump is working fine. Water flow is fine as long as the skimmer is not connected.

When I connect the hose for the skimmer to the water intake on the pool it works fine for a few hours. Then the unit builds up air in the pump & I have to purge the pump at least twice a day. I have the skimmer at least 3 to 4 inches under water so I have no idea where the air is coming from.

When the skimmer is disconnected I can go between filter changes without any air buildup problems at all.

Thanks For Any Help

Phil

P.S. For the moderator I filled out the pool chart & liked this site on facebook..
    Last edited by PoolDoc; 08-22-2012 at 02:12 PM. Reason: turn signature on
    15 round 3.9K* gal Intex AG vinyl pool; SWCG; Intex 1000 GPH cartridge filter; Intex 1000 GPH 1 speed pump; 24 hrs; SWCG; Aquacheck 4 way test strips.; utility water; summer: none; winter: none; iPad; PF:30.3

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Skimmer doesn't work right on Intex pool

Sounds like a suction leak -- hose from pool to pump -- that only shows up when you hook up the skimmer. Check all the piping between the pump and the pool carefully.

+ Reply to Thread