+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Fighting mustard algae, too

Default Re: Fighting mustard algae, too

Well, "just 1800 gallons" kinda bothers me when we are under a watering ban! I could justify it this way, though: A balanced, sparkling clean pool saves many showers & baths! lol Must have slept good last night, because I have a renewed zeal to help my little pool. As I looked around for some kind of brush to use, I noticed the nice brushes on the vacuum head and voila! - I am brushing every hour right after I rinse and replace the sad little "Pleatco" cartridge. That's the program for now ... at least until I have a Unicel. (Which, I'm guessing is the Cadillac of filters? Here I thought I was using the best - dang!)
    Intex 1.8K gal; dichlor granules & chlorine; Pleatco Type A Filter; Model 635 Pump. Taylor K-2106 and K-1004 (plus R-0871 FAS/DPD reagent for chlorine).

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Fighting mustard algae, too

Quote Originally Posted by southside View Post
    Which, I'm guessing is the Cadillac of filters? Here I thought I was using the best - dang!
    Well, yes, it's VERY much like a Cadillac: the marketing is much better than the product!

If you can't refill, that's fine -- I haven't been tracking weather US-wide, and was just assuming that the drought had broken throughout the east. After a terribly hot and dry July, we've had one of the wettest August's ever - and this morning, it was 60 degrees, which is NOT a temperature I've grown up associating with August in Chattanooga!

Still, you might call your water company, and see if a pool drain and refill is allowed . . . and you can always drain it slowly onto your grass or flowers!

+ Reply to Thread