+ Reply to Thread

Thread: In-Ground Pool: Spider Gasket Replacement Hayward SP711

Wink In-Ground Pool: Spider Gasket Replacement Hayward SP711

Hi all,

I'm new here and a recent new owner of a house which came with an in-ground pool.

The previous owner had advised me that the spider gasket was at the end of its life. He temporarily fixed the issue by inverting the head so that when I want to do a backwash I put it in filter and when doing filter, I put it in Backwash.

However, the problems started again. Water is going out of the backwash hose when in filter position.

I bought the new spider gasket with some loctite at the pool store. The lady advised me that I had to put the plugs to avoid losing water. I wasn't sure which plugs she was talking about.

Also, there are lots of guide that mention:

- STOP PUMP and release all pressure from system.

This is the only part of the instructions that I do not get. How do I release the pressure from the system???? Do I just open the pump cover like when I want to clean the filter?

Also, what about the plugs? Do I need to put the plugs in the pool?

I just don't want to unscrew everything and have a major water leak. Won't be cool at all.

Thanks for your help!

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: In-Ground Pool: Spider Gasket Replacement Hayward SP711

Not sure what sort of pool or gear you have; if you complete the pool chart (below) it will much easier to help.

Regarding pressure release, many filters have a thumb knob somewhere that will allow air to escape, if you unscrew it some.

Ben
    =====================================

+ It's much easier to answer your questions, when we have the details about your pool in one place. We often 'waste' the first few posts back and forth collecting information. So, please complete our new Pool Chart form -- it takes about 30 seconds, but will save much more than that.
    Pool Chart Entry Form

I managed to contact the previous owner and he told me how he opened it. He just stop the pump and unscrew the cap of the tank where the gasket is located. Since it is an in-ground pool, the water will not go up in the tank and I was able to remove the old gasket, clean everything, put some loctite (got some on my fingers ) and reinstall the new gasket. Started the pump next morning and everything is running smooth since then.

Thanks!

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Good deal!

+ Reply to Thread