Quote Originally Posted by Teapot View Post
Two years on and the Poolblaster Max CG is still working, I treat it with care as repairing is not really an option from this side of the pond. It is used all the time with the fine bag in otherwise it would just be a leaf collector. My pool 24ft x 12ft oval takes only minutes to nip round but at the start of the season with the silt that get through the winter cover it is only good for 40 minutes maybe 45 at max
I have had 3 over the past three years. None latest for more than a few months. Just stopped working. How do you treat it with care? Do you add silicon to the plug before using it or did the plug already have silicon on it? They include a packet of silicon with the unit so I've often wondered about that. What about after charging? Reapply silicon?

I thought I also treated mine with care but they all stopped working. I basically gave up on them but they are so handy that I recently bought a Pool Blaster Catfish Ultra and am hoping to have better luck with it.

There seem to be few alternatives. Perhaps if one could use one of those units that attach to a hose but instead attach it somehow to the return outlet of the pool using an adapter of some sort. That way you wouldn't be adding cold water to the pool.

A replacement battery/motor pack is almost the price of a new unit.