+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Intex 12x30

Default Intex 12x30

I followed the indications on the super simple pool chemistry recipe for intex pools. Added 2 doses of bleach , an hour later my son used the pool until it was completely full. After the pool was not in use I added 4 doses of bleach.

Reading
    Ph:8.2
    1750 gallons pool

How much acid shoul I add?

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Intex 12x30

I measured my pool this morning , I have not added the ph down yet.

Ph:7.8
    Chlorine: 0

So I added 4 doses of chlorine (2 cups) and turned the pump on.
    What do you recommend ?

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

You're ok with pH at 7.8. Make sure you keep some chlorine in the pool. As hot as it is lately, it will turn green FAST!

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

What is your CYA level? That will determine how much chlorine you need to keep in the pool to keep it from going green...

Janet

Thank you for your help.

I bought a 3" chlorine tab (Trichloro-S-Triazinetrione) and a floating tablet dispenser yesterday and left on the pool overnight , i took some chem readings today at 11am.

ph: 7.2
    chlorine: 1.5

My current test kit only measures Ph and chlorine.
    What do you suggest?

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

You need to keep an eye on your pH and don't let it get below 7.0. Those trichlor tabs are acidic and will push it down quickly (as evidenced by a drop from 7.8 to 7.2 in one day!). You can use Borax to bring the pH up, just as you were planning to add the pH down. You need to know your stabilizer level. If you haven't added any stabilizer (aka CYA, balancer, conditioner, or dichlor powder) then I'll assume you have zero, and in that case as long as you keep the chlorine between 1-3 ppm, you should be fine. However, after you've been using the floater for a few weeks, your stabilizer level is going to rise (because of the trichlor pucks) and at that point you'll have to start keeping the chlorine a little higher.

In the meantime, go swimming

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

If you follow the recipe, exactly, you don't have to test for CYA for awhile -- it will not come up that fast. If you start swapping things in and out, you'll need to get a test kit pronto. Basically, these are your only options. There are others, but they cost 2x as much. Only the HTH kit is available locally -- and only at some Walmarts. It's a small incomplete version of the K2006, but will work for now.
    HTH 6-Way Test Kit @ Walmart
    Taylor K2006A (3/4 oz bottles) @ Amazon
    Taylor K2006C (2 oz bottles) @ Amazon
    Also one caution: notice the seller at Amazon; Amato is preferred and cheapest. They are often out of stock at the end of the day, but restocked in the AM. VM Innovations has been OK, but do NOT buy from "Swimming Pool Warehouse".

+ Reply to Thread