+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Brown pool

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Default Re: Brown pool

Here's a link to the bleach calculator that we like to use http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthr...18-bleach-calc

You need to add your bleach as often as necessary to keep your chlorine in the appropriate range as determined by your CYA level (see the "best guess chart" linked in my sig above). We recommend that you test your water every day and add whatever amount of bleach needed to come back up to your target level. I would recommend that you do this in the evening to reduce the amount of chlorine that you lose to the sun.

waterbear is offline Lifetime Member Sniggle Mechanic waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars

Quote Originally Posted by Riverpixy View Post
    I have been reading about your TF100 and K-2006 comparison. I am going to order one of these. Which one do you recommend?
    IF you are talking about the test kit comparison over at Trouble Free Pool I wrote that when I was a Moderator over there and I slanted it toward the TF100 to help the person who now owns that site get his fledgling test kit business off the ground. The TF-100 is a direct copy of a kit that PoolDoc used to sell BUT I actually prefer the K-2006 for several reasons (I own both, in fact I own 2 TF-100s and PoolDoc's PS234s, in additions t a few Taylor kits).. I feel the original Taylor dropper bottles are better than the ones in the TF100 and the purpose of the larger CYA View tube in the TF 100 is to make you go through CYA reagent faster--granted it does measure down to 20 ppm instead of 30 but since CYA is normally kept at 30 ppm or higher that is a moot point and part of the decision as to which view tube to include WAS based on the fact that the larger one went through reagent twice as fast. I was consulted on designing that kit and remember that phone conversation.) Also the pH test in the K-2006 (2000 series comparator and reagent R-0004)is a higher precision test (increments every .2) and includes acid and base demand tests, which are useful in some circumstances compared to the 1000 series comparator and R-0014 reagent used in the TF-100.

Quote Originally Posted by Riverpixy View Post

I just ordered my Taylor K-2006 kit. Pool Supply World had it for $45 with $8 shipping.

Thanks,
    Diane
    That price has me suspect. Make SURE you got a K-2006 and not a K-2005 or other Taylor kit. They are not the same!
    Interestingly enough, they also sell the K-2005 for $60 and that is a less expensive kit than the K-2006 so something is not right. (and I noticed that they are selling the TF100 also)
    Last edited by waterbear; 06-27-2012 at 10:10 AM.
    Retired pool store and commercial pool maintenance guy.

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

I checked -- they ARE listing the K-2006, and they have the correct pictures. I'm guessing that may be some sort of clearance price, but it's a good deal as long as it lasts. Since currently Amato does NOT have the kits available, the cost at Amazon is about $60. I think Amato may pick their kits up at Taylor themselves, and keep a minimum inventory.

+ Reply to Thread