+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Thank each of you so much

Red face Thank each of you so much

Hi Folks,

Just want to say thank-you all so much. I found this site about 3 weeks ago, and have read just about every post. I put up a Summer Escape 15'x42" round 4000 gals. a month ago and thanks to you guys so far the water is doing great..

The problem that I was having at first was try to chase the numbers, once I saw the post about that, I stopped and my chemicals are doing fine now. I do keep my chlorine a little high, but this is by chose..

When I saw the BBB method I knew that this was the way to go..

When my wife came home with the pool and around $200.00 dollars in chemicals I just about freaked..I do use the Wal-Mart 6 test drip tester.

By the way this is the first pool that I have owned and again want to thank you all so much..I wish that I was able to shake each of your hands.

Waterbucket

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Thank each of you so much

Thanks for the 'attaboy'; glad it's working out for you!

(Seriously, though: there are 88,000+ posts here. Even Watermom hasn't read ALL of them!)

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Thank you for your post-- we love success stories!!
    Janet

Hi Janet,

Do you also live in Louisiana?..My wife and I do also..

aylad is offline SuperMod Emeritus Burfle Ringer aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars aylad 4 stars

Yup, I'm just outside of Shreveport....

Janet

Hi aylad,

Wife and I live in Weston, LA..but grew up in Maine..
    Pump F1000C Gph 1075--Filter SFS Cartridge=WaterBucket (:>)
    15'x15' round 4K gal AG vinyl pool; trichlor; FS 1000 cartridge filter; pump; 24/7hrs; HTH 6 drop...Will be getting Taylor; well; summer: none; winter: Will be taking down; ; PF:30

Ah, that's about a 2.5 hour drive from me. Coming from Maine-what a huge culture (and climate! ) shock!!

Janet

You'r so right, but we love it here. Speaking of shock!!! Do I need to shock the pool if my numbers are all ok?
    Pump F1000C Gph 1075--Filter SFS Cartridge=WaterBucket (:>)
    15'x15' round 4K gal AG vinyl pool; trichlor; FS 1000 cartridge filter; pump; 24/7hrs; HTH 6 drop...Will be getting Taylor; well; summer: none; winter: Will be taking down; ; PF:30

Nope, no need to shock the pool unless you start losing chlorine overnight, the water starts to look dull/hazy, your CC gets over 1 ppm, you find a dead animal or a swimmer with a poop accident, or you start to see signs of algae.......I also shock mine after hurricane-induced storms and after several days of heavy swimmer load, just in case....

Glad you like it down here--I do, too. Born and raised here--spent some time living on the east coast (job transfer) but quickly decided that I hated it and came "home". Have no plans to leave again!

+ Reply to Thread