+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 27,000 gallon green swamp HELP

Unhappy 27,000 gallon green swamp HELP

I just took the cover off my pool vaccumed it and the added 5 bags of shock,algaeside, clarifer& iron mite
    I did that @ 9pm last nite pool is still green WHAT CAN I DO!!!!!!!

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: 27,000 gallon green swamp HELP

1. Add 7 gallons of PLAIN 6% bleach this evening. (about 15 ppm of chlorine -- use only 2 gallons if the algaecide had copper in it!)
    2. Read the test kit page in my signature; get a cheap OTO kit *or* a HTH 6-way, if the Walmart in your area has one.
    3. Test your pool, and tell us what you find, what the water looks like, what your pump / filter make/model are.
    4. Do NOT add any more pool store chemicals, tell you have test results.
    5. DO tell us EXACT brand & product name of what you've added.
    6. Tells EXACT names of any chemicals you have left.

The pool pump is a Dynamo the sand filter is a intex and the shock granules were called shock xtra by utekem

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Last first: "were called" -- are the granules gone, or do you still have some?

You have an Dynamo pump and an Intex sand filter on a 27,000 gallon pool? That doesn't sound right. What are the dimensions of your pool?

Have you added bleach? Do you have an OTO kit? Did the pool hold chlorine overnight?

The pool is 27' round the pump is a 1-1half pump ,150lbs capacity filter system.
    The pool water is still green. We have been vaccuming it out . Had a lot of leaves
    On the bottom. Dont have any more chemicals . So do I add more bleach now
    That I have it vaccumed out .

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

What type of numbers. I just put the pool size and filter. What does CYA mean .getting very frustrated all ready .

Ms Dean;

Proper pool management has a learning curve -- and you are currently at the steep end of that curve. We can help, but we can't change the reality. In the US pool market you have 3 choices:

1. You can be a victim of pool store tactics, as you have been in the past.
    2. You can learn to manage your pool chemistry yourself -- and we can help with that, but YOU still have to learn.
    3. If you are very, very lucky, you can find a really good local pool store to help you. We estimate about 2% of pool stores fall into this category.

The choice is yours. But we can only help with option 2.

However, if you select option 2, I can tell you that you are going to need to obtain an essential pool tool, that has been in short supply, as long as I've been doing the PoolForum: P.O.P.* Without it, your efforts will fail, and you will waste your time and ours.

Best wishes with your decision.

* P.O.P. = Pool Owner Patience

I am willing to learn to manage my pool. I think the problem was i didnt winterize the pool. Just tellme if I need to add more bleach

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Sorry to be a broken record here, but we really need some current water testing results taken with a drops-based kit to be able to help. Without having numbers to look at, we can't really help. We would just be guessing about what is going on with your pool.

There are quite a few questions that have been posed to you in previous posts in this thread and also some steps to follow. That's about all we can do without testing results.

If you can get some good numbers, post them. (Get a good kit. That is a critical component. (Taylor K-2006 -- see testkit link below.)

I would also suggest to you to do a lot of reading here on the forum, especially the stickies at the top of the subsections. Also, read on our sister website www.poolsolutions.com. Lots of good information there as well.

+ Reply to Thread