+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My Deep Blue Water is Now a Light Green-Blue???

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: My Deep Blue Water is Now a Light Green-Blue???

Not sure what unit he has. I looked up the Fusion Soft, which seems to be the Nature2 + salt combo:

and if that's what he has, it looks to me he *might* have enough salt capacity, depending on the model:

Here's the link to the Jandy Fusion Soft page.

waterbear is offline Lifetime Member Sniggle Mechanic waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars waterbear 4 stars

Default Re: My Deep Blue Water is Now a Light Green-Blue???

Yep, it is baically the same as the Zodac DuoClear.They just made it look different and put it under the Jandy brand but it is the same thing, a SWCG, N2 combo unit. The mineral carts for the FusionSoft and DuoClear are interchangeable, btw.
    The problem comes in because they say the unit only needs to maintain .5 ppm FC in the water so they end to underside them for the pools they are installed on. As I said before, if the builder oversized the unit then he is probably ok. It all depends how much of the Zodiac koolaid the builder drank!
    Here is a direct quote from the FusionSoft manual, page 26:
    "Up-sizing the Nature2 Fusion Soft device or adding more than one unit may be recommended for
    pools that are close to the maximum size and used year round. Please consult a qualifi ed service representative."

I love this quote from the manual on page 27 (since the N2 cart is adding metals to the water!)
    "Metals (some metals) can cause loss of chlorine. Also, metals can stain your pool. Have your local qualified service representative check for metals and recommend methods of removal."

I will say that the FusionSoft products have a few features that are an improvement over the DuoClear unit. They operate at a lower salt level and they produce more chlorine. They also recommend running up to 3 ppm FC (still not ereallyhigh enough with a CYA of 50 ppm!) as opposed to 1 ppm FC for the DuoClear.

They are also now recommending a max CYA of 50 ppm for the FusionSoft instead of 100 ppm that they recommend for their DuoClear, which, IMHO, is going to cause some problems iwth pH stability and acid demand, as is their recommdation of a 12 hour a day pump run time (needed with the lower CYA levels so chlorine is introduced into the pool over a longer period of time if the owner decides to run at the lower end ot the the range they recommend, which is .5 to 3 ppm!)
    Last edited by waterbear; 01-25-2012 at 01:32 PM.
    Retired pool store and commercial pool maintenance guy.

+ Reply to Thread