+ Reply to Thread

Thread: inground pool erosion under deck.

Default inground pool erosion under deck.

Hello,

We bought a house that had been unoccupied for about three yrs and the in-ground pool was in disrepair. Vinyl liner was shot, and dirt had eroded from under the deck and created large caverns. Edge of decking nearest water seems to be supported by metal support structure.

Is there a normal method of handling this problem, short of removing all the concrete deck, packing the soil and then re-pouring concrete?

As the outer edge of the deck has settled, I've excavated a bit and place jacks to temporarily raise it.

thanks!

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: inground pool erosion under deck.

Hi and welcome to the forum! Sorry you haven't gotten a reply yet. Ben has had some issues he has had to deal with the past few days and thus he hasn't yet been able to move these new posts into the general part of the forum where you'll be able to get the advice of some of our builders. But, he'll hopefully be able to do so soon. So, sit tight. Just wanted to let you know that your post has been read and that you aren't being ignored!

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Hi Bow;

If I'm getting a correct picture of your situation, I'm not at all sure that there's a good way to fix your problem, but Waterbear or Waste would know more. Give them a chance to take a look.

As Lisa said, I've been preoccupied, first with my son's wedding and then with some unrelated but serious problems in my extended family.

BigDave is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars BigDave 3 stars

Mazel tov! for the wedding - the other stuff, good luck.
    12'x24' oval 7.7K gal AG vinyl pool; ; Hayward S270T sand filter; Hayward EcoStar SP3400VSP pump; hrs; K-2006; PF:16

+ Reply to Thread