+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Pool Construction

Default New Pool Construction

Does anyone have a check list of items that are important to make sure are being done when building a new pool?
    i.e. steel spacing...

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

mas985 is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner mas985 3 stars mas985 3 stars mas985 3 stars

Default Re: New Pool Construction

One of the biggest problems that I see on forums like this is that most PBs/plumbers know nothing of hydraulics and design inadequate pool plumbing that is both inefficient and generally has poor performance. Before giving the go ahead on any project, have the PB draw up a plumbing schematic and post it to the forum for review. You will save yourself a lot of heartache down the road.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: New Pool Construction

Quote Originally Posted by mas985 View Post
    One of the biggest problems that I see on forums like this is that most PBs/plumbers know nothing of hydraulics and design inadequate pool plumbing that is both inefficient and generally has poor performance.
    Boy, is that every true!

The ONLY commercial pools I've ever seen with adequate hydraulics were very old pools*, designed by engineers who actually designed them, instead of letting plumbers or pool builders do the design, so long as it met code.

Hydraulic design is not something I've every really gotten into here, because most folks ALREADY have a pool, when they arrive at PF . . . and because it's hard for many folks to understand key concepts, like static vs. dynamic head. But, if folks really got serious about having 'green' (low environmental impact) pools, hydraulic design would be a core element.

Ben

* Well, there were two exceptions, designed by a non-pool-builder, who shall go unnamed.

+ Reply to Thread