anyone with more knowledge on things than me. As far as pools go that would be pretty much anyone.

We had our pool installed in the NW Houston area in January of 2010.

It is a 15K gallon pool with a 2K gallon spa with a spillway. The spa has a blower and we have a 400K Hayward Pool Heater H Series M# H400FDN.

It is a chlorinated pool with an automatic chlorinator (Rainbow LifeGuard Model 320) which uses 3" pucks.

There is also an Eclipse2 Ozonator.

We have a waterfall on a separate pump.

We also have a Hayward Cartridge filter with three cartridges.

I also have an ePool floating which helps me with the chemicals. I also use Leslie's to verify the water every so often.

My question deals with a problem we had at the start of the season this year. We do not cover the pool in the winter, as a matter of fact if the winter is mild we will bring the heater on sometimes just to swim. This year I have a problem with a very dark green algae, not everywhere, but in a couple of corners. I have treated with "Green to Clean" and Chlrorine but these areas seem to be very stubborn.

In reading some of the other topics I feel I need to get my own test kit but don't know if we need them all or just a couple. Also, I think I need to go away from the pucks and go to liquid bleach if I read the other posts correctly.

There was an issue where they wanted me to add a lot of conditioner and Phos Free. My pool company said to put a water hose in the deep end and let the surface water overflow for about 12 hours.

Do you mind helping me out? I am wanting this pool to last for a long time and don't want to damage it by my ignorance.

Thanks,

Deacon