Quote Originally Posted by aciam View Post
Hi Ben - here are my numbers for today - I am happy with them:

6/27 10 am FAS-DPD FC 6.5 CC 3 pH 7.2 alk 60-70 added sm amt borax
2pm FC 5 CC 2-2.5 pH 7.2 added sm amt borax
7pm FC 5.5 CC 2 pH 7.2 added sm amt borax

I have a test strip to measure CYA and still not showing - don't want to waste reagent by testing for it until abt a week is that right?
I'd wait too unless Ben says otherwise.

Not sure why pH is not rising despite slow and steady additions of borax - is it all the acid dissolving from the CYA? and the trichlor pucks? or is it getting all stuck in the filter ( I'm adding it thru the skimmer - wondered if it is getting all tied up with the CYA in there?)
TriChlor pucks are acidic. Borax is very quick to dissolve. The PH drop from the pucks is probably getting balanced from the Borax. That could result in a static PH as they cancel each other out. It's not a result of getting tied up in the filter. One's lowering PH (TriChlor) and one's raising the PH (Borax).

What is my plan now in terms of Cl levels now? where should I be keeping it? If we swim, what should I do in terms of treating the pool after, ie shocking it? thanks! aciam
You're coming off a Baqaucil conversion?---correct? I'd wait on Ben for any recommendations for Chlorine.