Your question caught me off guard - was not aware that Intex had combined a salt unit with a copper unit, into the devil's device you have.
I understand why the did it -- Intex pools are nearly impossible to clean up once they get algae, and that fact probably drives a huge number of complaints to Intex's door. But, their solution -- combining copper and chlorine -- makes it impossible to do a pool well.
In my opinion, you've got a factory built mess. If anyone in your family has light hair, it's going to turn green. I'm going to post some snippets from Intex's FAQs for general information. But I'm not sure how to best operate your pools. I'm going to have to think about that one for awhile.