+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Metal Removal

Default Metal Removal

I've been a silent follower of you all for years - my pool thanks you.

I' curious about the best all-around metal remover. I truck in water each spring because I have well water that’s not great. I do use the well water to cover evaporation, etc., and after 12 years, I now have sufficient metals in the water so that when I shock, I occasionally get temporary metal staining.

What is the best way to remove the metal, and is there one type of remover that covers all/most metals so that I don’t have to try to diagnose what type is most prominent?

Thanks,
    Jeff

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Metal Removal

One of my favorite quotes is attributed to Albert Einstein, and goes like this: "When I teach, I try to make everything as simple as possible, but no simpler."

When it comes to metals in pool water, pool stores and pool chemical companies promise to make things simpler than is possible . . . because people don't like dealing with metals in pools when it's only as "simple as possible". Unfortunately, the best case is still more complicated than people like. And, when people want something badly, that creates tremendous sales opportunities, so long as disgruntled customers can't shoot the salesman, after the 'patent' medicine fails.

You can probably guess what's next. Currently, there is NO simple way to deal with metals, though there are many products that promise just that.

I've moved your post into the metals section -- read the linked documents in this section
    http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/forumdi...ilver-amp-More
    and then post any questions that remain.

Ben

+ Reply to Thread