+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hayward Heater problem

Default Hayward Heater problem

I have an above ground pool with a hayward H100IDI heater. It fires up and lights then 8 sec later it goes off and does this continuously. I pulled the burners out and cleaned them, cleaned igniter, vacuumed off top of fins in exchanger, played with pressure switch, jumpered a few things and nothing. Still does it. Has anyone else had this type of issue and what did you do to fix it?

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

mas985 is offline Lifetime Member Whizbang Spinner mas985 3 stars mas985 3 stars mas985 3 stars

Default Re: Hayward Heater problem

Did you also clean the screen on the gas line input? Might also be the thermal limiter switch.
    Mark
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump/Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, MaxFlo SP2303VSP, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater

Default Hayward heater problem

I have tryed everything i can think of! H100IDI heater will not stay lit. I completely dismantled and cleaned and it wasn't that bad. It will fire up and run for about 8 sec then go off. I have jumpered every switch on this thing to find the culprit and none of the switches appear to be bad. I am wondering if the gas pressure is too low maybe? Does anyone have any ideas to try before i call in a service call? We need this heater bad before memorial day weekend!

Default Re: Hayward Heater problem

sorry for the dual post i didn't think my original went through yesterday. yes i cleaned the screen. I looked at that switch and removed it from teh blower housing to see if it was overheating and it still shuts off. any other ideas?

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: Hayward heater problem

Thank You. I am starting to sweat about this heater not working.

+ Reply to Thread