+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need advice on where to buy IGP...PLEASE

Default Need advice on where to buy IGP...PLEASE

Am looking to buy an in-ground pool to install on own with help from a contractor. I have been researching them on-line, but just not sure which company to go with and thought I would ask if anyone here had any thoughts or experience (good or bad) ordering a DIY pool kit on-line.

Looking for a 18X36 rectangle, and pretty sure we are going with salt water (unless you all tell me a reason not to). Builder said to go with Polymer walls, and a 2' radius, at least a 28ml liner... National Pool Wholesalers had a great price, but read horrible reviews...anyone dealt with them??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!! This project is a little over whleming!!

PoolDoc is offline Administrator Quark Inspector PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars PoolDoc 5 stars

Default Re: Need advice on where to buy IGP...PLEASE

Folks, we keep getting this question!

If an online company has "horrible reviews", should you buy from them even if they have great prices?

Think about it! This is a little like asking whether you should buy a big pile of dog doo, since you're getting a REALLY good price on it. I guess, if you really want a big pile of dog doo, it's OK. But do you want a big pile of dog doo in your back yard?

I don't know anything about National P. W., but gosh . . . there's no such thing as a "great price" from dealers with "horrible reviews". Mtn_lover, you are far from the only one who's asked this, so don't feel bad. But I confess I really don't understand these questions.

A dealer / manufacturer / contractor has "horrible reviews"? Then stay away from them; far, far away!

If you are going to have the contractor help, why don't you have him purchase the pool wholesale from SCP?

Ben
    Last edited by PoolDoc; 05-16-2011 at 04:41 PM.

Ben-

I did not mean to anger you...

I was merely wondering if anyone had had a positive experience with NPW....because, let's face it, people are much more likely to post bad experiences than good ones...I have not been to many web-sites where I have read reviews abt how wonderful the company was (unless it was the company's own web-site). So, I was really looking for anyone with a positive experience- maybe I did not word my question properly.

I also really wanted advice on where to buy a pool-kit on-line...thinking that certainly there are some DIYers that have purchased theirs on-line and was just looking for a recommendation. Way to make a new person, with what I thought was a legitimate question for a pool forum, feel stupid!!

As for the contactor, I did ask him and even at his wholesale price, he can not bet the prices on-line.

Lisa

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

I bought from NPW based on the very positive experience of a co-worker ... so I hope it goes as well for me as it did for him. I figured it would be 5-7 business days so if I don't get it by next Tuesday then I will have an issue (I will cancel and let CC deal with them). However, so far nothing to lead me to think that way. I agree that it seems most reviews (not forum based) are usually bad experiences ... otoh, many positive reviews seem to be so generic that they could be false ones ... the internet shopping experience is definitely buyer beware!! I'll post back when I know something ... good luck!

I had promised to post back on this thread when I either received my order (or not ... yikes). Well, everything arrived as ordered, in good shape, etc. The customer service people at NationalPoolWholesalers are friendly and helpful ... they are just not truthful because I was told on several occasions that my order would ship that night, the next day, etc. It turns out my pool was backordered and when they finally got it into their warehouse and assembled it and all the other things I ordered on a big ole pallet then things were quick. They post pics of the pieces and then the pallet after it is wrapped so that you have an idea of what it should look like when the truck delivers it. If they just would have told me that it was going to take 12 days then I would have been fine ... just dont BS me! All in all I am happy with the order and the money saved will pay for the installation.
    Last edited by swimlane; 06-01-2011 at 11:27 PM. Reason: spelling

+ Reply to Thread