PDA

View Full Version : New Hayward DE48 Filter

rollinrock
06-03-2010, 10:21 AM
I just had Leslies install a new Hayward Filter. The pressure builds up after about 4 hours. Pool is clear and readings are good. I backwash and no dirty water comes out which is expected if water is clear and chemistry is good. I think I might have a small leak at the bottom of the pump. Am I correct that leaks would make the pressure go down and not up? I am also wondering if I put back enough DE when I first backwashed a couple of times with the new filter but again this wouodnt build up ressure? I never know how much DE o put back in becsaue I dont know how much went out.

Watermom
06-05-2010, 09:27 AM
Anybody have any information for rollinrock? If it was just installed, can you call the installer to take a look to see if it was installed correctly and/or if he can tell you how much DE you need to add?

Poconos
06-05-2010, 10:04 PM
OK beer guy...I know what Rolling Rock is if that's what you're referring to. Latrobe, PA.

The only kind of a leak that would significantly affect pressure would be an air leak on the suction side and that would introduce air in the system, bubbles out the returns and a drop in pressure. I know someone has the answer to the question of how much DE you put back, not me. I use sand. What are your pressures? Starting after backwash and how much does it rise. May be a clue to what's happening. Best I can do for now. We'll keep this near the top of the list so it gets views.
Al

waste
06-06-2010, 06:43 PM
Try my info here for some basic tips on your DE filter :cool: