+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New Hayward DE48 Filter

Default New Hayward DE48 Filter

I just had Leslies install a new Hayward Filter. The pressure builds up after about 4 hours. Pool is clear and readings are good. I backwash and no dirty water comes out which is expected if water is clear and chemistry is good. I think I might have a small leak at the bottom of the pump. Am I correct that leaks would make the pressure go down and not up? I am also wondering if I put back enough DE when I first backwashed a couple of times with the new filter but again this wouodnt build up ressure? I never know how much DE o put back in becsaue I dont know how much went out.

Watermom is offline SuperMod Emeritus Quark Inspector Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars Watermom 4 stars

Default Re: New Hayward DE48 Filter

Anybody have any information for rollinrock? If it was just installed, can you call the installer to take a look to see if it was installed correctly and/or if he can tell you how much DE you need to add?

Poconos is offline SuperMod Emeritus Whizbang Spinner Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars Poconos 4 stars

OK beer guy...I know what Rolling Rock is if that's what you're referring to. Latrobe, PA.

The only kind of a leak that would significantly affect pressure would be an air leak on the suction side and that would introduce air in the system, bubbles out the returns and a drop in pressure. I know someone has the answer to the question of how much DE you put back, not me. I use sand. What are your pressures? Starting after backwash and how much does it rise. May be a clue to what's happening. Best I can do for now. We'll keep this near the top of the list so it gets views.
    Al
    16'x32' oval 22K gal IG vinyl pool; ; Hayward S244T sand filter; Hayward superpump 1 HP pump; hrs; K-2006; PF:5.5

waste is offline PF Support Team Whizbang Spinner waste 3 stars waste 3 stars waste 3 stars

Try my info here for some basic tips on your DE filter
    Luv & Luk, Ted

Having done construction and service for 4 pool companies in 4 states starting in 1988, what I know about pools could fill a couple of books - what I don't know could fill libraries

+ Reply to Thread