I have an inground gunnite pool that is approx 25 years old. The pool is new to me as I only bought the property two years ago. It is the second time I have opened and closed the pool.

The pool is approx 24 x 40 with a separate 10 foot diameter wading pool that is about 30 inches deep. Opening the pool has been good. The water is clear, but a lot of debris got in due to bad weather for two weeksafter the cover came off.

I have topped up the pool to normal levels and started the filtering process. My problem is tha I am not getting the flow of water through the system. It almost appears that I have bubbles coming out of the outlet jets. What happens when I have the complete system opened up is that I do get the water input into the pump as would normally be the case.

When I close off the main pool and only filter the small pool. everyting is fine. PSI at the filter is 20 plus and the pump is runnining with full waterflow going through. It is only when I set the valve (4 settings) to put the whole pool sytem activated that I start getting a drop in volume of water being pulled through the pump. Th other observation is that the suction at the skimmer is very low. it would never suffice to vacuum the pool.

I have tried every valve combination possible and nothing seems to solve the overall system operation.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks........Peter in Canada