Ok, I have a question. I started weaning off the trichlor tabs and using more bleach at the end of last year. I tested the levels before winterizing and got a reading at about 120-130. I know its too high and to keep my chlorine levels higher to compensate. So I drain about 1/4 of the water out to winterize( at least 3-4 inches below my skimmer( 16x32 inground with 8 ft deep end, est 22,000 gallons of water). I was hoping this spring I would have lower levels. I have a safety cover and looks like my water levels are back up to about normal with all the snow and rain we get here in West Virginia. I was hoping my cya levels would go down but ons sunny day I tested and they seemed to be the same. I can't pump out nor really want to pump out 1/2 the pool water cause I will be running the water into my leech bed of my yard and down the neighbors hill. I have no ther option where to route the water. So if I continue to use bleach and maybe a trichlor every so often will my cya levels naturally go down from the sun or can someone suggest something or just keep my chlorine levels higher as I have been doing? My pool is a vinyl inground pool.
Thanks in advance
Mike