I recently added 2 qts. of metal out to my 27,000 gal. pool. It cleared up the stains beautifully. Then the water clouded up and turned green so I shocked the pool. The ph fell to 6.8, the water turned green, and it took 27 gal of bleach before the FC remained steady. The ph fell to very low levels. After reading the posts, I can see my mistakes. My questions are these:
1. I need to pour in more metal out after lowering the ph and FC levels. How much more can I add? Keep in mind that I already added 2 qts before my problems occurred.
2. Does the filter expel the old metal out and sequestered metals when I backwash? Or do they stay suspended in the water as the filters returns the water to the pool?
3. Do I always have to keep my water's ph low to keep the metals from "dropping" out?
4. Will the metals "drop" out again whenever if I have to shock the pool to get rid of CC?
I have a salt pool. I fill with 1/2 well water (with lots of iron, I am sure) and I/2 with softened water because of hard well water.
My FC is 5
CC 0
ph 7.4
TA 150
hardness 250
I use bleach to shock, borax to raise ph, and acid to lower the ph.
Thanks for your help.
Dorie