Thread: Digger's Pool

Threaded View

Digger is offline Subscriber Thread Analyst Digger 0

Default Digger's Pool

EDIT by Watermom: Instead of having you tack your questions onto somebody else's thread, I moved your posts into your own thread. That will make it easier to help rather than trying to help with two pools within one thread. Welcome to the forum, by the way! Below are the posts you made in the other thread:

I am a new subscriber, please accept my apologies if I am in the wrong area, here. I have been serving, taking notes, researching posts on here, and trying to figure things out. I have had a Baq. pool for 14 years, same old story, will not get into all the money we wasted, it makes me sick. Anyhow this is where I am, right now. I bought a HTH kit at Wal-Mart for $20, but not sure if that is going to work for testing our pool. We opened it late, and just started dumping bleach in. The baq. is out of the pool, it is starting to clear in the deep end. But we basically are fuddled as to what we are doing. PH appears to be fine. I took samples in to Pool Store, who got rich on us for years, sorry, wasn't going to go there, my readings today were: TC 1.1, PH- 7.6, Alkalinity- 96, Calcium: 188, FC- 0. They had me put in 4 lbs. of Alkalinity ( Balance Pak 100), which ingredients are: 100% Sodium hydrogen carbonate. I came home and put in the 4 lbs of that @ $10!!! Than I put 4 more bottles of 6% bleach. I left the store scared to death as to what I was doing, questioning myself all the way home?? I only spent the $10, feeling guilty, and like a bad Momma to my pool! LOL They made to feel like I was going to kill my pool! If you could of only seen their looks on their faces, like I was a lunatic. I am scared because our liner is 14 years old and has held up well, we don't have the money right now to replace. So as our 9 grandchildren are staring at "Nana's" pool and waiting patiently to swim, please tell me I am on the right path, because I am not turning back at this point. HELP!!!! Am I on the right path? What test kit will give me results that a normal person can read? Is the Wal-Mart one okay? What do I do next with no FC readings. I am wondering if my TC is suppose to be up to 15 to get a FC reading? THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. Please help me! I have my son-in-law coming to work on it again tonight, with scrubbing and vacumming again. When do we change the sand?
    Last edited by Watermom; 06-17-2010 at 05:00 PM.