I believe it is my 5th or 6th season having a pool. I opened the pool 2 days ago. Hooked everything up and turned on the pump. I had air bubbles coming out floor and wall returns. There was air coming out if I moved all of the suction to the skimmer or the main drain. I surmised the air leak was at the pump or filter. I proceeded to take the filter to clean and lube the rubber ring. While I was taking the filter apart I hit the pressure gage and broke it off.

After an hour getting the threaded piece out I was off to the pool store. I found out that pool side of Jacuzzi went out of business and parts are limited. I bought a plastic T with the air bleeder valve for $31. My guess is the part cost about .25 cents to make. It is all plastic, with a wing nut to let the air out. I am sure I could have put something together at home depot, but my pool was ready to go and I did not want to mess around.

Put the filter back together and still I had bubbles coming out. After some trouble shooting I believed the air was coming in from the drain plugs. The o rings were broke and cracked. I tighten down the plug and broke off the head of one of the plugs. Again, after a hour of getting the threaded part out of the hole I had a filter that would not hold water.

I put the threaded part of the plug in backwards and used silicone sealant to make it water tight.

Problem fixed. No more air bubbles

No question here. Just venting a little.