After having my pool a few years, and reading here and thinking, I've come to a couple of conclusions. First, when I bought my pool from Rec. Warehouse, it came with everything, including the sand. I remember looking at the sand bags and seeing they were from a local company. I also don't recall anywhere on the bag saying anything like "pool filter". There's one thing, next, I remember there were only two bags, I'm guessing 50# bags. I looked at the filter paperwork and my filter is supposed to take 150#.
I have my outlet turned so that my round pool (above ground) circulates in a round fashion, and there is always, always very fine stuff collecting in the center, no matter how much you vacuum, after a couple of days, more dust in the middle. So, I'm thinking about changing the sand. I think I have a couple of choices, and I'm curious what you all would do. I could add another 50# and just leave the rest in there. I could also clean the tank out and put in 150# of new sand. Then thinking, maybe I want to add the equivelant amount of Zeobrite, which I think 25# would replace the missing #50 of sand? OR go with all Zeobrite?