Hello,

AG pool, vinyl lined with deep end, 13,500 gallons, sand filter. I use strictly BBB, and I use the PS233 test kit.

pH 7.2
TC 7.5
CC 0
FC 7.5
TA (80-90)
CYA 38

Last week and this week, we have been having 90's during the day, and for a few days last week, I did not remove the solar cover from the pool. I opened one day to a tiny bit of cloudiness, which surprised me as my numbers were perfect. It had rained a lot over 3 days time, so I thought it had something to do with that. The next day I opened to a messy, yellow pool with stringy things on the bottom. I'm assuming mustard algae. I was told that I should not have left the solar cover on over the hot weather, even though it was cooler at night and I only did it for 3 days. My fault...live and learn I guess.

So....going by some posts I read here, I raised to shock level for 2 days straight, left the solar cover off, and the filter (sand) running 24/7. After 2 days, all the yellow is gone, but it is still just slightly cloudy. How long will I need to keep it at shock level (15, correct?) before I can expect the cloudiness to go away and I can resume normal maintenance? Or could the cloudiness be due to low TA? I was told this TA was okay a couple weeks ago.

Another couple questions: When testing for TA, do you want the green test water to turn bright pink, or do you measure when it turns from green to a slightly light pink color? The reason I put 80-90 for the TA reading is because at 80, it is only slightly pink, but at 90 it is really bright pink.

Also, is it safe to swim in a pool that is at shock level? We don't, but I am just wondering.

Thanks for any and all help.

Sandy