I have a 24' roung AG. All summer I have had a problem with fine sediment. Looks brown/green. I thought it was the cartridge on my 6 year old Sta Rite system 3 filter. I switched over to a Hayward EC40 DE. Still same problem. I just backwashed and recharged the DE and then vacuumed . It seems a little better but still there was sediment within a couple of hours.

Could it be:

My vacuum head? Is there a head style that is better than others? I have the standard style kidney shaped HTH head?

My filter? Is it ppossible that I need more DE in the unit? (I followed the instructions, 6 coffee cans)

Just a lot of dead algae? That is what the sediment looks like, it is brownish when settled but when disturbed it greates a green cloud.

Currently pool is:

TC 1.0
FC 1.0
CC 0
pH 7.6
Alk 110
CYA 30

Water is crystal clear, has been all summer. I use about 4 to 5 quarts of bleach a week and have, on occasion, (two times in 6 weeks?) dumped in a 2 gallon dose to shock. Pool does not get much use I swim almost daily but not for very long, kids use it a couple of times a week. I run the filter about 10 hours or more, but have also tried running it for extended periods of up to 72 hours

Thanks