My Mars HP was installed Friday....Other then a small leak at the booster pump which they will have to come fix there is no major problems to speak of. I have it running on a separate timer for 3 hours at present.

It does really like my deep end though. Does not really do to much of the shallow end at present. It cruises around the edges but really does not go into the middle of the shallow end at all. I am going to run it for the week and let the hoses stretch out since I am noticing it is coiling up on the water surface a bit. Then, check all the hose lengths and float positions since the pool builder installed it. Also, depending on where it comes out of the deep end from it sometimes gets stuck at the steps in a head on type collision. Once the backup valve switches on it sorts itself out. The pool does look a hell of a lot cleaner though. It seems to be picking up a lot of stuff.

I know Waterbear and JonnyG have one, if you guys or any other owners could let me know if you use the hose that whips around behind or not. I ran it with it on yesterday, and took it off in the evening. Going to run it today without it. That hose occassionally sprays water out of the pool.

For the RPM's, am I better off running closer to 40 or closer 48? Also, the pressure adjustment valve that connects at the wall, should the blue adjustment handle be facing to the bottom of the pool or up to the sky? I have tried it both ways, the book really doesn't say one way or the other.

Will post more observations as I use it a little more...