My setup:

- 11k gallon IG pool
- 1k gallon raised spa with spillover
- Aqualogic PS-4 with two valve actuators (one controlling suction, the other controlling returns)

My pool is currently setup with suction coming from the skimmers (2) and the main drain only, so when the pump is running in pool mode, there is no suction from the spa drain. I would like to add some suction from the spa drain to help minimize the dirt that collects on the bottom of the spa (floating debris make their way down the spillover and eventually the skimmers, but sinking debris stays down there.)

I was experimenting one day and adjusted the suction actuator so it added suction from the spa drain in addition to the skimmers and main drain. It worked well, but once the pump turned off, water siphoned out of the spa into the pool because the spa is raised.

I figured my options were:

1. Program the Aqualogic to adjust the suction valve to allow spa suction before turning the pump on, then right after the pump is turned off, readjust the suction valve to close the spa suction (to prevent siphoning).

2. Just forget about it and brush the spa floor regularly and/or run the spa occasionally to clean it. Would doing 1. really help keep the debris on the bottom of the spa minimized?

Is 1. above supported by the Aqualogic? Can it support what is essentially a macro to adjust the valve, turn on the pump, then turn the pump off, then readjust the valve?

Thanks!