I have a 5000G Endless Pool (see www.endlesspools.com) that's one year old. It is partially in ground and has a vinyl liner. It has closed channels that lead water from the foot of the pool to the propulsion unit at the head that we cannot open to clean.

This year and last we have gotten what we think is white tissue mold. It is mostly small particles but a few can be as big as a corn flake. If you trap one, it is not really white but tan and is slimy. Touch it and it will smear. Current numbers are:

FC Off scale - OTO orange - since I just hit it with a lot of liquid chlorine
Yesterday it was 7.5 by Ben's kit.
pH 7.5
TA 130
CA 100
CYA 45
Temp 81

Two weeks ago I drained the pool and refilled it to get the CYA down. This may have some bearing since we got the last infestation not long after we filled the pool for the first time. It might also be seasonal since it happened around the same time both this year and last.

We kept the chlorine way up (as much as 20ppm) for a month last year and it slowly went away and we had not seen it since.

Perhaps someone here has had experience with this stuff and can give some advice or at least sympathy.

Regards,
Dick