Hello folks. First, let me thank you all for the great information and attitude you have provided over the past month I've been lurking here.

I have a dilemma: we share a beach house and pool with several other families. We are there one week out of four and use a pool service company that visits once a week to maintain the pool. They use tri-chlor pucks in an in-line feeder and shock with cal-hypo. Based on what I've read here, I would like to move to bleach, but that's largely not possible since I'm there only one week out of four and the other families are not interested in doing the maintenance themselves.

So, my question: Is it possible or practical to have the pool service company switch to liquid chlorine, possibly with some kind of automatic feeder to provide daily doses in between their weekly visits to check chemistry, brush, vacuum, shock if needed, etc.? The service company maintains at least one commercial pool with liquid chlorine, so I know they have some experience with this method.

I would appreciate any feedback or ideas you folks have on this approach. I'm trying to get some level of knowledge before I approach the service company owner about switching to liquid chlorine.

Thanks!