I bought the whole thing as a set, 24' round AG 52" wall 13.5k gallon pool. I have a 75ft DE filter and a two speed pump that says on it 2hp/.25hp. I believe the hoses are 1.5" I run it exclusively on low speed, because there are two connections that are drip, drip, dripping just a bit and it's exacerbated on the high speed. When we started up the system, we mixed and added 4 cans of DE as per the instructions (it was a smallish Folger's coffee plastic can).

Anyhow, on low speed, the PSI seems incredibly low, <10. The return is pretty forceful and the water has been crystal clear. If I turn it up to high power, the PSI jumps to a bit more than 15, I think. Do I not have enough DE in the system? Would adding more increase the PSI -- do I even want to do this? Do I need to open that air bleed valve every time I start up the pump, or should I assume that it's fine once it's been done once (so long as the skimmer doesn't suck air, etc).

I guess 'if it's not broke, don't fix it' since the pool seems to be functioning well on the low speed, but it bugs the heck out of me that I have this high speed I don't 'seem' to need. When I had it on high to vacuum, the pressure actually collapsed one of the hoses where it enters the pump! When the time comes to replace the DE and I need to cut off the water, I plan to work on those two minor leaking spots. Should I be replacing the hoses to better match the pump/filter (but then would I have to change out something at the skimmer/return to adjust the size there?