We are going on vacation for 7 days. Pool & chemicals have been good all season with no problems. I am planning on sweeping / brushing / shocking before leaving and have neighbor add bleach at same frequency that I do (1.5 gallon every other day - but he will not test). I will leave solar cover on an run filter 24/7 (no timer). I will also instruct him on water level and what to do - but so far this year I've only had to drain because of rain.

Now my question is about the 'maintenance dose' of poly. I am not using Poly this year - I did last year before I got my CYA <30 - but this year just bleach at 3-6 ppm. I was thinking about adding poly since I'm leaving the cover on for a week. I noticed after about 3-4 day that it sometime my not be sparkling but after a short time in the sun it clears up.

The question - if I do use it -- do I add the 'initial dose' or just the 'maintenance dose'. I don't plan on continuing using it. Also -- how long before leaving should I add it - I think it drops FC -- so I want to make sure that FC is stable before leaving and not testing.

Thanks -- any other recommedation on strategy appreciated.