I'd like to install a timer on my pump so that I don't have to do it manually every day. We have an inground 40,000 pool that I maintain with bleach. Up until last year I was running the equipment 24/7 during the pool season in Minnesota (as instructed by the pool people). But started to just run about 12 hours during the day after being assured by the people on this forum that I DON'T HAVE TO. (pool people still disagree). My pump is 1 1/2 HP.

I had posted a question regarding this in the old forum, but if I remember correctly it quickly got over my head with complicated DIY instructions. Then it was lost forever! While I do a lot of this myself, I don't think this timer is something I could tackle on my own. Or is it? My problem is, I don't even know who to call or what to ask for. Do I call a regular electrician? My experience with electricians in the area where I live is that pools freak them out. What kind of timer do I need? Where does it go? All of our electrical is on a panel outside next to our pool equipment. Thanks, Jennie