All 44 panels assembled:

Once I got the panels up onto the roof, they were easy to put together. Put an o-ring on the male end, spread some lithium grease, insert a temporary assembly tool on the female end, push together, remove assembly tool and install permanent clip that holds the two together. Wham-bam.

Each top header is attached to the ridge beam of the roof using galvanized plumbers strapping and stainless steel screws and nuts.

Then all that is left is to run pvc pipe to the inlet end of the bottom headers, connect the outlets from both systems and then drop off of the roof with the two inlets and one combined outlet. Because of where the combined outlet is located, it was necessary to run the inlets pipes across each roof and then connect to the lower manifolds.

South roof set (the pool equipment is behind the fence on the left; the vacuum breaker for the whole system is on the lower left; the inlet for this set of panels is on the lower right and the outlet is on the upper left):

West roof set (the inlet to this set is on the lower left and the outlet on the upper right; you can see the outlet where both panel sets combine by the chimney, which then drops off the roof to the equipment directly below; finally, there is a pressure gauge installed on the lower right):

Here's a view of the outlet and the inlet going up to the west roof:

And where everything comes together. The outlet from the sand filter (lower right on the multi-valve) feeds through a check valve and then immediately tees to that black box which is the three-way valve that controls the flow to the solar panels. It is electronically-controlled; I have yet to hook-up the control panel and sensors. When the solar is on, the valve directs flow through the pipe that goes back towards the house and splits-off into two feeds that go to each panel set. Each feed has a ball valve so I can either isolate the set or meter the flow if necessary.

After the tee for the solar valve is a ball valve that meters the flow to the panels so as not to over-pressure them. So, some flow goes to the panels and some directly to the pool. The pressure gauge on the roof tells me whether or not there is too much flow. The outlet from the panels is the painted pipe on the far upper left; the flow goes through that clear check valve and then on to the pool.

I will wrap this posting up later in Part 3.