So ive been complaining about a leak for the last 3 years or more. I finally discovered it was tiny holes in the bottom egde of pool. Where the bottom and walls meet. Im assuming it is ants as there are dozens of pin holes. I sprayed around the pool all last summer and spent alot of hours putting patches on them underwater. It slowed my water leak and I used the pool. Then by summers end, the holes were back and it was leaking again so i just stopped filling it up and left it all winter. Here it is warm weather slowly coming and I need to deal with it.

1.I need to order a new liner. What gauge should I get? Its an above ground 24' pool, 52" tall.

2.How do I treat to keep the ants from doing this to the new liner? Well I havent pulled the old liner yet to determine, I m just assuming ants..........

3.After I pull up the old liner and get the problem fixed, can I reinstall the old liner before putting in the new one to help provide "cushion" or a layer of protection between the liner and pool/ground.

BTW, the new pump/filter was awesome last year!