I have to replace my liner, coping, cover, steps, etc... The pool had been neglected for a long time and it's in bad shape. Lot's of holes in the liner, I patch it on a regular basis. The liner is also sagging in numerous areas - I put stainless steel screws to keep it from completely coming down. Steps have holes & cracks that I epoxy, coping is coming up in several locations ,etc... However the water is clean, and we still enjoy the pool.

My question ... I've been keeping this going for a couple of years now and I had planned on continuing to repair it until it's un-repairable; meaning a catastrophic rip or something similar. Is this a bad idea? The pool is block construction. Some people have said that if the liner goes, it's going to be a more expensive repair - but I have to replace everything anyway, I don't see how. Maybe I would lose the pump if there is no water? Any thoughts on what I'm risking by not being proactive ?? - Besides missing six weeks + of swimming. Thanks in advance.