I'm trying to figure out what's wrong with my Autopilot. It will be working fine for a few hours at a time but then it gives either the "low amps" or "check cell" warning.

I don't think its the cell because I have 2 of them and have changed them and cleaned them and it still gives the same error. The salt level is about 3500 ppm. I thought it could be the power cord, so I cleaned it out and made sure the connections were dry, but still after a few hours I get the flashing warning light.

One thing I noticed is that I get fluctuating readings on the control panel when I run the test program. For example, sometimes it will read 29 volts and sometimes 18 volts, sometimes 6.0 amps and sometimes 2.9 amps.

My questions are: is it actually running normally when the light is not flashing, or is it just that the warning light will only flash for a certain time period and then turn off?, could a bad fuse be causing this?, is a bad power cord the most likely cause?

The Autopilot control panel itself is 12 years old and the power cord is about 3 years old. My first power cord lasted about 9 years.